|By Onkar Singh||
|October 26, 2011 04:16 AM EDT||
Companies are increasingly getting interested in deploying their mobile line of business (LOB) applications on smartphones and tablets running Android OS. Traditionally Windows Mobile and Windows CE platforms have been ruling this market more so because of the customization and control that they offer to the applications.
One of important requirements that most IT teams have is to run the business application in kiosk mode on the mobile devices. Our product SureLock enables kiosk mode lockdown quite nicely on Windows Mobile and Windows CE devices.
Achieving kiosk mode on Android has been a difficult problem. Most suggested solution is to build custom OS images, which is not practical for most companies.
Now SureMDM provides a complete software solution for locking down Android devices whereby users are restricted to launch and use only allowed applications. Another great feature is to launch any application at startup which makes it possible for the user to immediately get into the business application as soon as the device starts.
How to lock down Android apps
* Login into your SureMDM Web Console
* Click on the Jobs button
* Create a new Job
* Select Android
* Select Application Settings
On the Application Settings screen
o Enter the Job Name
There are 3 tabs under application settings job of Android
o Lock Apps: Here you can manage applications to be Locked or Unlocked using Add, Edit and Delete buttons
If you want to enable Kiosk Mode , tick mark the “Lock all Apps on device” and select the applications which you want to remain unlocked by adding them in the Whitelist Applications category.
The reverse also holds good and you can remove the Kiosk mode by White listing all the applications and selecting only the applications to be locked in Blacklisted Applications list.
o Monitor Apps: Manage applications to be Monitored or Unmonitored using Add, Edit and Delete buttons
o Misc Settings: Select the detail level of Crash Reporting you would like to have on your device as well as Select the App PIN for the device.
o Click OK to save the job.
You can find the name of the package from the Apps tab on the main MDM screen.
Once the kiosk mode job is created, it can be applied on single or mutiple Android devices over the wireless network.
- Introducing Samsung KNOX Features in SureFox
- Introducing Samsung KNOX features in SureLock
- Remote Unattended Silent Installation of Applications on Samsung SAFE and KNOX Devices
- How to get started with SureMDM On-Premise?
- How to Remotely Lock iPhone and iPad to Single Application using SureLock iOS?
- Windows Azure Tips & Tricks
- Writing 'Hello World' Program for Windows Phone 7
- Feature Checklist of Mobile Device Management Tools
- Are Your Mobile Devices Working For Your Business?
- Six Advantages of Using a Cloud-Based Mobile Device Management Solution
- Will Microsoft Get Its Mojo Back with Windows Mobile 7?
- How to get process id and thread id from a Window Handle in .NET CF?
- Getting Rid of Flickering in .NET CF Forms. . .
- Kiosk mode on Android
- Microsoft Commits to Continue Support for Ruggedized Handheld Market